Monday, October 6, 2008

What a weekend

This weekend was a lot of fun. Andy's friend from college, Matt, came into town for the Bengals/Cowboys game. He got here on Friday and they met up with the other Bowling Green guys, Steve and Jason, for happy hour. Imagine my amusement when I got a text from Andy telling me they had made their way to Pete's Piano Bar. I think that is so funny that 4 guys would choose to go to Pete's Piano bar. Ha, but they love it! I took the opportunity to go see 'The Women' a girlie movie that I have been wanting to see for a while and it was very cute. There are so many girl movies I want to see right now including Nights in Rodan(something) and The Duchess. I will have to try and make those some other time!

Saturday, we had a poker game since Matt likes to play poker and we had so much fun. We had a great crowd - enough for two tables, and lots of people we hadn't seen in a while were able to come! I tell you I seriously had diarrhea of the mouth. I was just talking up a storm - but that is natural, right, when you haven't seen people in forever? :-) I think everyone had fun and seriously the women cleaned up! The top 3 winners were women (nope I wasn't one of them) and I have to say I am impressed! Matt had brought Guitar Hero with him and so those who were booted had a fun activity to keep themselves occupied.

Then, Sunday, we headed to the Cowboys vs. Bengals. My brother, Jay, was able to join us too. The tailgate before the game was fun - Thanks, Liza! Then the game was great. Seriously, the Bengals were 0-4 and so none of us had high expectations, but the game was a nail biter with the Bengals actually putting up a good fight. Of course, in the end, they lost as they tend to do so that wasn't so great. But I was just happy it was a game until the very end. The Bengals do lose a lot, but I have to say, their games tend to be good ones. So now they are 0-5 which is pretty depressing b/c basically their season is over and football has just started! Oh well. Poor Andy he gets so sad over these things. :-)

So we had a really great weekend! We are so blessed.

No comments: