Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nothing like a yard sign...

...to help you actually meet your neighbors! So, I was going out for a run this morning and there were these two older gentleman on the street and one yelled out to me - 'hey, I like your sign!'. So, I introduced my unshowered, this-is-why-mom-says-to-never-leave-the-house-without-makeup self to my neighbors and we started discussing the bond and other things of interest. You know, like the bailout, the $400k AIG spa day after said bailout, how corrupt politicians are, etc... Ha, I loved it! Another guy joined the conversation while walking down the street and I thought to myself - hey, this is like talking to three of my dad at one time! In any case, it was nice to see that there are still some small govt people out there.

Also, I found out there is a street email list which of course Andy and I are not a part. So I am going to go speak with the lady in charge today to get us signed up for it! And I am going to start going to our city council meetings.

I also realized that this would be a GREAT neighborhood for people to retire - hint, hint... There are lots of retirees who are apparently very social and all know each other. There are lots of events as well for them. I love it.

I also love that the guy with the scraggly beard (who looks like Santa) is named Jay. Maybe that is what my brother will look like one day.

No comments: