Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Community Organizer

SO... As part of my quest to get in shape during my time off from work, I have been going to the gym and running around our neighborhood on our running trails in Addison. All these yellow signs have popped up around the lake saying 'Vote NO on $58 Millions Addison Entertainment TAX - BOND ($4,027 per citizen).'

It really is quite ridiculous. The city council is proposing a bond of $58 million to build an aviation museum and to expand the Water Tower Theatre which today is only at something like 60% capacity. Now, I am not opposed to all bonds, but this would do nothing for the City of Addison - like we would pay this money and what would we get for it? Are people really going to come from far and wide to go to a flight museum? I do love Water Tower Theatre, but I feel like we already get the benefit of their being in our back yard. We took my dad when he was visiting to an outdoor showing of 'Oklahoma'.

Anywho, I also got an email yesterday from those in charge of this campaign and so I responded that I would love a yard sign and since I have some time I can do anything they need. So last night, we got our yard sign and I got a bunch of fliers which I am going to go door to door and hand out. Ha!

So now I am a community organizer - right? That counts I think. So Obama aint got nothing on me!

Here's the website: http://www.addisontx.org/

I am excited! I think I might actually start going to Addison City Council meetings. Watch out!

No comments: