Thursday, October 2, 2008

30 Day Shred

So Jillian Michaels, the girl trainer on the Biggest Loser, has this workout video that I read about. The reviews basically implied that this workout was great, so of course, the marketer's dream that I am, had to go purchase this video, 30 Day Shred.

Wow, it kicked my bootie. She has 3 workouts that increase in level of difficulty. I started out with Level 1 because I have seen her on that show and figured I should see what I am getting myself into.

In any case, it was hard, but good hard. I have done personal training sessions before and honestly they have not done anything for me. I seriously will spend an hour with a trainer and feel like I have done 5 minutes of actual working out. All they talk about is form, form, form - which I get is important but I really need to have my hour long workout be a bit more productive. I always wanted someone like Jillian to kick my bootie and make me hurt.

This video does that. You are left spent. It is only 20 minutes so it is very doable. And from others reviews it sounds like it will get me the results I am looking for. We'll see. I have only lost 3 pounds so far and I have been pretty amazing in how much I have been working out. A bit disappointing if you ask me. Granted this weekend I did not diet hard core like I had been during the week so I am guessing that is what slowed me down. So I cannot go off no matter what.

So I will couple this with my hour of cardio every day and see what happens...

No comments: