Friday, October 24, 2008

Onto the Fad Diet

Well, the low calorie thing was working - but slowly, so I have resulted to going on the Scarsdale diet, which honestly seems very healthy and effective. I haven't ever done it before which is a bit amazing considering my mom and sister always have used it.

I am only on day 4 and have to admit, that it is really good and effective. B/c I like all the food on it, I don't find it that hard to follow. I started it while visiting my parents in Shreveport. Poor Andy had to fend for himself while I was away.

I read up on it and they say that diets like this (i.e. low carb/low glycemic) work really well for 'apple shape' people (which I am). And honestly it is just the diet that all doctors tell you to eat all the time so it isn't like it is really rocket science. Basically eat lean meats and vegetables. I kinda feel like the South Beach diet stole from Dr. Scarsdale! It is the same thing :-).

I still have a long ways to go before I get where I want to be, but I have lost 7 pounds which is definitely below what I wanted to lose in one month, but hey, at least it is the right direction. My friend Janet and her sister are doing Weight Watchers and they started a month before me and during that time Janet lost 10 pounds and I gained 5. So I have to remember that not only am I losing, but I am also not gaining which seriously is a big win.

I am a bit astounded that I let myself get so out of control.

Useful links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarsdale_Diet
http://lowcarblisa.tripod.com/id18.html

No comments: